2. Meanwhile, I found the perfect shorts for the half.
If you know me at all, you know that I actually seriously considered purchasing these just so I can have them in my drawer.
3. Actually, I did splurge a little and bought the CW-X compression tights I was obsessing over. But I got all twitterpated when I ordered them and told myself I wouldn't fit into the medium, so I ordered a large pair. As if my ego wasn't big enough already... they're too big. After I did an adequate happy dance, I realized I was super disappointed. So now I'm trying to squeeze a trip to the local Road Runner Sports (by local I mean it's 25 miles away from my house) into my crazy day tomorrow, along with working two meetings and racing to the expo. Which I am SO EXCITED FOR I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!
4. I did have a minor panic attack when I first got the CW-X tights out of the package, though, because I realized that they didn't have a nice pocket for my phone. God forbid I rely on the water and Cytomax stations they provide, because obviously I am hell bent on carrying my Camelbak and my handheld water bottle... which I hope isn't too obnoxious, but it's what I've gotten used to, and I don't want to change anything at the last minute. But with my water bottle in my right hand, I don't want my phone in my left hand because I like having a free hand... THE AGONY! Then I re-read all of Cely's posts where she was worrying about Chicago, and it made me feel better. At least I'm not the only one who gets a little freaked.
5. I've been slightly in denial all week about how fast the half was coming up, but I thought today I'd finally take a minute to look at what other people recommend eating the last couple of days before the race. After reading a whole lot of articles, I decided I needed some more carbs. So I did what any good health conscious runner would do: I went to Chipotle and got a massive burrito with some chocolate milk.
Bonnie was also interested - she felt pretty depleted after this morning's walk and wanted to replenish her glycogen stores.
6. Not half related, but when I went to work yesterday afternoon, I felt like this:
And when I left, it was a whole lot more like this:
It wasn't a pretty day.
7. I skipped Turbo Fire today. And yesterday. My excuse is that I need to take it easy before the half. But really, I'm just burnt out on Turbo Fire and thrilled that running 13.1 miles gives me a great reason to slack off.
8. They keep changing the forecast for Sunday. A week ago, it was in the 50s and partly cloudy, otherwise known as perfect for running. Then it was high 30s and snowing, and then mid-40s and raining. Now it's back to 50s and partly cloudy. If you're not doing anything Saturday night, please do me a favor and pray to the weather gods for no rain.
9. I have already decided on my post-half-marathon dinner. I will be having a two pound pizza from Beau Jo's. It's designed to feed 2-3 people, so I'll probably need a side of breadsticks too.
Just looking at it makes me drool.
10. I also have a feeling that some of this will be in order post-half...
Or maybe pre-half. Like right now.
11. Again, not half related... but I love Frasier. Really. God bless WE tv for having hours of it on at a time.
That will probably be my face when I cross the finish line.
12. Two nights ago, I dreamt that it took me four hours to finish the half. Last night, I dreamt that I finished in 2:30. Even my subconscious is unsure about this whole thing.
13. Of course, I also dreamt that I looked like Sofia Vergara, so... my brain is clearly delusional.
14. Obviously I'm watching Frasier right this second. They mentioned gummi bears. Now all I want in the world is a delicious, sugary, gummi snack.
15. My eye just started ticking. Either I desperately need to get to sleep or see a doctor. That's a delightful 15th thing, isn't it?