But I had to blog today because somehow December disappeared and now it's New Year's Eve. I know everyone is saying it, but how did it get to be New Year's Eve?! I can't believe that as I type this, there are only 6 more hours left of 2012. So I thought I should probably take a moment and look back on 2012.
I'm not going to lie... 2012 started off pretty badly. January sucked. My show was cancelled, my relationship was in ruins, and I felt like my whole life was over. I honestly didn't know what to do next.
After that rocky start, I thought 2012 was going to be awful. I mean, three weeks in and already I've had that much happen? I try my best to stay positive, but that seemed hopeless.
And yet... here I am on December 31st, 2012, thinking back on all the amazing things that happened this year. It seems that my life had to fall to pieces back in January so that a better life had a chance to emerge. So here's a few things I'm incredibly grateful for from the year 2012:
1. Getting the chance to work in Magic Kingdom Guest Relations at the Walt Disney World Resort, one of my absolute dream jobs. I have had some tough days, but it has been an amazing experience. I have the opportunity to make incredible magic for my Guests every day, and I have met some fantastic people along the way.
3. Getting to perform in the 2012 Candlelight Processional Cast Choir. I haven't posted much about this on the blog, but I got to sing in the Cast Choir for a show in Epcot called the Candlelight Processional - it's the Christmas story told through scripture, narration, and song. It's an incredible show, and it features different celebrity narrators throughout the season. I got to sing behind Geena Davis, Neil Patrick Harris, Blair Underwood, Jodi Benson, Lea Salonga, Gary Sinise, and Marlee Matlin.
Can you find me? :)
4. Finishing two more half marathons! My times sucked, but I wanted to run two half marathons in 2012 and I did it! The Rock 'n Roll Denver Half Marathon and the Walt Disney World Wine & Dine Half Marathon have nothing on me!
5. Being able to train for a marathon. This one has been an absolute love/hate for me, and the truth is, once I cross that finish line on January 13th (!!!) I probably will not run another marathon. But how amazing is it that I have the ability to train for one? Sometimes I forget how far I've come. Just a few short years ago, the idea of running a mile was intimidating to me. In 2009, I made it through Couch to 5K and could run 3 miles, but the half marathon was out of my reach. In 2011, I made it through a half marathon, but felt like that was the farthest I could go. And now I am two weeks away from running 26.2 miles. I'll be running slowly and I'll be taking lots of walk breaks, but I am going to run a marathon. If that isn't something to be grateful for, I don't know what is!
I'm coming for you, Mickey!
6. And let's not forget what I'm grateful for all the time... having wonderful people in my life who love and support me. I am glad 2012 gave me many chances to spend time with those that I love, and I hope 2013 brings more of the same!
I am so grateful for the gifts that 2012 has given me and the incredible opportunities for growth that I have had. I am a very blessed girl and I cannot wait to see what 2013 will bring. I wish each and every one of you a wonderful new beginning!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!