Thursday, August 23, 2012
Posted by Jessica at 10:28 PM
Friday, August 17, 2012
4. Today was one of those days where I was just not having it. I am usually a pretty patient person, but my tolerance for other humans was shot by about noon. Super helpful since I didn't even start working until 3 pm. Obviously it went very well for me today.
5. I have recently picked back up my Crystal Light addiction. I would say I'm about 80% Crystal Light. And 20% refined carbohydrates. It's a miracle I'm still breathing.
6. Currently obsessed with this song for running. And getting ready for work. And sitting around. The music video is fantastic because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING.
7. Two nights ago, I discovered that The Office is on Netflix, and started rewatching it. I'm halfway through season two now, which gives you a great idea of my productivity lately.
8. I was going to post this picture to talk about my new love of everything "ermahgerd" (which Jamie is really proud of because he introduced me to this stupid thing)...
9. But then I found this and it was even better.
10. I took my trash out yesterday and it was about the most productive thing I did aside from showing up to work. I feel like it's just one of those weeks, which is absolutely a cop out, but I kiiiiind of don't care.
11. They recently released the design of the new medal for the Walt Disney World Marathon in January. I am furious because the medal is fantastic. Now I have to actually run the stupid thing because I want that medal. I may not live past January 13th.
12. I bought several books about marathon training off of Amazon this week, in an attempt to get myself to recommit to training. The books arrived at my apartment yesterday. So far I haven't read a single page, but I did sleep in for the past two mornings instead of running. So that plan definitely worked.
13. I am now out of things because posting about the marathon made me feel woozy. I should probably go lay down.
14. Wait... I'm already sprawled on my couch in my robe.
15. Can I pay someone to carry me to bed?
Posted by Jessica at 11:24 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2012
7. His other commercial is also definitely worth mentioning.
I am in love.
9. I have decided that if I could eat at Sweet Tomatoes for one meal of every day, and at Outback Steakhouse for one meal of every day, I could die happy. Which is good, because I would also die early, since I would be eating macaroni and cheese and massive cheeseburgers every day.
10. I read Cely's 15 Thing Friday post (I owe her so much credit for any success that my blog has) earlier, and while I know I read the whole thing, all I remember is that Nathan Adrian has fantastic abs and makes funny faces, and I want pan-fried noodles and lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang's more than I can possibly describe.
12. I have been wanting to try a new nail salon because despite my noble attempts, I suck at making my hands look pretty, so I've been looking at reviews of places nearby. Apparently I've been doing too much of this because I had a dream last night that I went to two different nail salons and both were horrifying - the first one looked nice and was really well priced, but when I opened a drawer to look at the polish colors, it was filled with bugs. The second salon was on a ranch (subconscious, what is going on with you?!) and was gorgeous, but they handed me a sheet with the services and prices on it and a manicure was $89. If you wanted to get a French manicure, it was an extra $12 per nail. I am really hoping I can find a salon somewhere between those two... bug free, but less than triple digets in price.
13. Speaking of triple digets in price, I want these and I want them bad. My excessive, man-like sweating has started making my earbuds fall out of my ears one mile into a run. As fun as that is, I need it to stop, and those headphones look like a delightful, if expensive, answer. Anyone else have a good headphone recommendation?
14. I'm still thinking about pan-fried noodles and lettuce wraps.
15. Sounds about right.
Posted by Jessica at 12:17 AM
Friday, August 10, 2012
Posted by Jessica at 8:30 PM
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
1. Last week was week #5 of the marathon training. It was also the first week that I did all three training runs. You would think that with my first marathon, I could somehow manage to run three times a week, but that didn't happen. I didn't feel too badly about it until I watched the running events in the Olympics. Um. Yeah.
2. Tomorrow is my ninth day in a row of work. I am really enjoying this job, but it turns out that I really do not enjoy working nine days in a row.
On the bright side, if I can live through tomorrow, I will have four days off in a row. Is it terrible that I plan on spending one of them in bed? Just the entire day. In bed. Can't wait.
3. In case you haven't noticed, I HAVE A NEW DOMAIN! Running for Bikinis is now officially Running with Pixie Dust. If it seems like a weird shift... forgive me. I was never all that thrilled with the title of Running for Bikinis, and I think Running with Pixie Dust makes a lot more sense for me, especially since I'm back in Disney. And even more exciting - I will have a new design up soon! I decided to splurge and pay someone to design a new layout for me, because heaven knows I can't handle that. I am in love with the design, and I'm really excited to unveil it soon! :)
Now... sleep. Glorious glorious sleep.
Posted by Jessica at 11:36 PM
Thursday, August 2, 2012
In case you're wondering, that title does not refer to it being time for me to stop eating or time for me to exercise. Neither one of those is happening at all tonight.
But it IS time for something exciting... and completely overdue. Remember that one time when I talked about how excited I was because I bought my own domain? Yeah... like 4 months ago? Remember that? No? Apparently neither did I for the entire summer, because if you take a look around, you might notice I'm still on Blogger's domain.
BUT NOT ANYMORE, KIDS!
I am taking full advantage of the fact that I am done with work early today, and I am finally sitting down and moving the blog over to the new domain. I will be completely honest and say that I have no idea what I am doing... which is why I wanted to make this post. Really, this is just a warning to say that if my blog goes up in flames tonight, it's because I merely pretend to understand computers.
That being said... I am doing it if it is the last thing I do. So here goes! Hopefully my next post will be my first post on my brand new domain! Fingers crossed...
Posted by Jessica at 8:23 PM